Memorial day, which is May 30, is the kickoff to Summer barbeque season! It's not only a day to honor the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military, but it's also a day to celebrate those men and women. It's a day to get patriotic, and it's a preview of what the 4th of July will be like.
Some people like to decorate veterans' graves, others will wave flags, some have barbeques to celebrate the soldiers and the beginning of Summer.
Before you plan your barbeque (we'll get to that), you have to plan your outfit! A few of my favorites are:
My family does a barbeque to celebrate this day. The kids hang out by the pool, the men hang out by the barbeque with a beer in hand, and the women have a red, white and blue cocktail while watching over everyone.
Here is what we make at our family and friend barbeque!
Combine into a large pitcher and stir - Chill in fridge of at least 4 hours.
- Sliced Strawberries
- Pineapple slices (or cut into star shapes)
- 2 bottles of dry white wine
- 1 cup of Triple Sec
- 1/2 cup of berry-flavored vodka
- 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of simple syrup
Another favorite is to do a burger bar. Burgers and buns start the front of the line, and from there you pick your own toppings. A few favorites are:
- Multiple types of cheeses
- Tomato, lettuce, onion, avocado, and pickles
- And finally an array of sauces - ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce, ranch dressing, etc
- For those who don't eat red meat, like my mother, I would recommend a turkey burger alternative or chicken kabobs!
Post a picture collage on Instagram and tag us in it! We want to see how you celebrated!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.