It's that time of the year again. On February 7, 2016, loud, spirited, (read: potentially angry) men and women are screaming at the TV rooting for their team to win or, if you are like me, waiting for the funny M&M commercials to come on. So, because of this special time of year, I have compiled a list of everything you will need for a kickass super bowl party!
First off, make sure you send your invitations two weeks ahead of time. Otherwise, you may end up watching the game alone.
Step 1: Decorations
- Decorate your house with free online printables of your favorite team! Who are you rooting for: Broncos or Panthers? Pinterest is crawling with free print outs! Catchmyparty.com also has great printables to choose from.
- Use chalkboards to create fake plays on what your dining plan will be, what the seating arrangement will be, and how you are going to make your way from the couch to the bar! :)
- You can also have your kids draw up some signs. It's a good way to occupy them, it’s a conversation starter, and you have decorations for your party!
Step 2: The Menu
Your menu should include both finger food and regular anytime food but, overall, it should be easy to eat. Hot wings, nachos, tex-mex dip, chili are always a good go to. Here are some of my favorite go to recipes:
- The Chipotle Chicken Taco Ring is a great way to spice up snack time!
- For those of you who like a little spice at your table, I would definitely go for the Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Stuffed Jalapenos. An overall crowd pleaser!
- The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles are an amazing addition to your dessert table!
Step 3: Drinks
rinking is usually a big part of the super bowl experience. Beer is an automatic yes to any bar. Also a fun idea would be a signature cocktail. I have done a few signature cocktails for my previous parties, and they have always been a surprisingly big hit! Here are a few options:
- Make these amazingly cute Goal Post Straws, and add it to your team colors drink!
- For a make-ahead drink, try the All-American Super Bowl Punch! It’s usually well liked, and you don't have to worry about being the mixologist during the big game!
Step 4: Seating
Obviously, you need a couch for the super bowl party. Add your kitchen chairs on the sides, desk chair if need be, but the best is big fluffy cushions of the floor. I can tell you right now, a majority of your guests will end up sitting on the floor, so this is a great way to make it intentional!
Step 5: The Bet, Game, Pool, or whatever else your party calls itA super bowl pool and betting squares are always a fun way to watch the game. It can get everybody excited, even the few people that hate football. You don't have to bet money either. You can have somebody bring candy if people are reluctant to bet any real money. Here are a few different options for a super bowl party game!
- Here is a printable for betting squares.
- Here's a drinking game for the person that has no thoughts on football, and is only their for the beer.
- Another option is commercial bingo!
This is fun for kids, adults, and everything in between! It's easy to do and is always such a good time! Here’s a guide on how to set up your own DIY photo booth!
Once you've followed these steps, you are ready to have an amazing super bowl! Enjoy and be safe! Don't drink and drive! AKA UBER OR LYFT!
Have fun! xoxo,